Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

12/26 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

12/26 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:49 pm

26-Dec Zechariah 11-12, Philippians 3-4, Psalms 146-150, Proverbs 26

Phil 3:18-21 (NIV)18 For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

We are living in a season just like Paul announced, where many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.  Many of these actually claim to be Christians, many go to church, and many drop their offerings into the plate as it passes by. Yet, it is possible to be a Christian in name, but to be an enemy of Christ in thought, deed, and action.  We are living in that day!

This is why it's so vitally important that believers get into the Word of God every day of their lives.  How vital it is to know how God thinks, moves, acts, and responds to different life scenarios.  Without this daily light in our lives, how could we ever dream of hitting the mark of the high calling, doing what He does, and saying what He says? It's not even a possibility.

I have personally been so convicted by the Holy Spirit over the past months, that I am beginning to distance myself from the term "CHRISTIAN", and I am drawing near to the term "FOLLOWER OF CHRIST".  Why?  Because the CHRISTIANS of today stand for many things that I cannot stand for.

It's the Christians who voted (or didn't vote) the present American political system into power.  We have abortion on demand, restricted and destroyed American freedoms, erosion and deterioration of our nation as a whole, fleshly ideologies and left leaning, marxist view points that threaten the future of our children and grand children, and much more.  Our Dollar currency has been destroyed and Americans are about to become much, much poorer.  Third world thinking has been allowed into the entire system, and Christians are the leading force behind this horrid erosion of mankind and government.

There is a biblical precedence that stands against almost every major political and bureaucratic movement that exists in America.  And as a FOLLOWER OF CHRIST, I cannot put confidence in the flesh, nor can I follow anti-Christ, anti Word of God movements of people, government, or bureaus.  I pray for my nation, and I pray for my leaders.  But I will not walk with any anti-Christ behavior, as it would betray all that Christ has done in me, to go along with treason against my Lord, His Kingdom, His plans and wishes for His world, etc.  I will not betray the one who saved me. Nor will I walk hand in hand with those who live as enemies of my Lord.  I will pray for them, and I will give them my coat if they demand it.  But I will not betray the Lord.

This is the message that comes up in me when I read Philippians.  I recommend that you make a hard, solid stand for the Word of God.  The only way to do that is to become a student of the word every day.  Anything less will be to live as an enemy of the cross of Christ.  To love the world is hatred against God.  It is not possible to love the world and it's devices, and also to love God in Heaven.  The line is in the sand, and every person must make the choice.  Judgment will come to the house of the Lord, and will reveal where each person stands.  I believe that many CHRISTIANS will fall on the side of the "GOAT" line, while many will fall on the "SHEEP" line as they "follow Christ".  Sheep follow. Goats buck, resist, and have their own course set for them.

May we live as SHEEP of His Pasture, and may we follow our great shepherd as the times get dark around us.  May we always listen to His voice, and refuse to follow the voice of another.   sunny king  sunny

Tomorrow's Reading:
27-Dec Zechariah 13-14, Colossians 1-2, Psalms 1-5, Proverbs 27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top