Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

08/15 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

08/15 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:52 am

15-Aug Job 35-36, Colossians 3-4, Psalms 81-85, Proverbs 15

Proverbs 15:22 (NIV) Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

Have you ever made plans which ended up failing miserably? I think that we all have. And those who learn from their mistakes can actually benefit from failure, while those who don't learn will be cursed to repeat the failure again.

God is a team player. Proverbs 15 makes it clear that a king must be a team player. We all need to be on a team if we're going to do anything significant for God's kingdom. A team provides wisdom and knowledge from many different fields and backgrounds so that plans have a better opportunity to succeed. Team players will protect the plan from their perspective and vantage point. Without multiple perspectives, you just can't get much done in life. A solo lifestyle will not multiply the kingdom of God very far, while a team can move nations and entire populaces.

From the time that you were born, you were probably taught to NOT be a team player. Just recently my family found my old Kindergarten report card and one of the strikes against me was, "DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS". We all laughed, but I have to say that I didn't used to be a team player. I grew up strong willed, hard headed, and very intent on self accomplishment. And my public school system helped me along the way as they taught me how to be an individual. They graded me on individual performance. Every test that I took was an individual test, and based on my personal capacity. I NEVER tested out with a team in school other than sports teams where I got my only taste of team playing. Never was I told that great teams accomplish great things. I wasn't taught about corporate business teams that can seize huge populations with their products or services. I was always taught as an individual, which qualified me for a JOB. A manager has to build a team, but a soloist typically will have a job and will quietly take their place on someone else's team.

This leaks over to our spiritual lives as well as church life. If I am a solo player in life, when I try to serve God in the church, I will be a soloist there as well. I can't tell you how many years as a pastor of a local church that I walked as a soloist. I was "THE MAN" and as many declare, I was "THE MAN OF GOD". I wasn't a team player, and I took on false responsibility to be THE MAN IN CHARGE, trying to fulfill the soloist shoes of being THE LEADER. I wrote a book about these experiences called THE BUSINESS OF MINISTRY which you can get on Amazon or my website.

I had to be the perfect husband, perfect father, perfect pastor, counselor, financeer, speaker/orator, technician, planner, strategist, growth expert, friend, and even the perfect color coordinator for tasks such as picking out paint colors for the church building. It was pure craziness, to think that a single, solo man could be the best at all of these things. To think that a single man could lead a complex group of people such as a church was pure lunacy! God is a team player, not an individual promoter. I'm not saying that God doesn't love you individually. But if you want to do great things, you will need a team.

There was one great individual on the planet and His name was Jesus. He was a team player, and He always knew the benefit of moving in groups. He had twelve disciples and at times, over one hundred were following Him closely. He changed the world.

Today, the New Testament declares that there are five gifts that MUST come together and work as a team, whether in church or in corporate business.

Ephesians 4:11-16 (NIV) 11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. 14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

These five gifts make up a team. If you ever saw them unite together you would see the hand of God appear on the earth. Each part has it's perspective. Each gift has input and wisdom from their perspective and vantage point. Each part has protective capacity to make the plan succeed and prosper. With a multitude of counsel, your plans will succeed!

Have you ever seen the hand of God in action? A well known pastor of a mega church spoke to a friend of mine last month regarding this "hand of God". He told my friend that he absolutely believes that the five fold ministry team IS the plan of God for the New Testament Church. He also told my friend that we will never see it in America. "Why" my friend asked. "Because there is not enough humility in America" said the pastor.

HUMILITY: hu·mil·i·ty (h)yo͞oˈmilədē/ noun
a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.
synonyms: modesty, humbleness, meekness, diffidence, unassertiveness; lack of pride, lack of vanity; servility, submissiveness. "he accepted the award with sincere humility"

Serving on Team Jesus requires great humility, a disregard for "solo behavior" and a submissive servitude that pride can never live in. Building a team for God means that:
1. You don't have the right to individual pride and recognition.
2. If the plans succeed, it probably wasn't because of you.
3. If the plans fail or have trouble, it probably IS because of you.
4. You don't consider yourself higher than the others on the team, but rather you serve them.
5. You don't demand your way. It's not "My way or the highway".
6. You lay your life down for the team and serve the team as if you were serving Jesus.
7. You TAKE the advice of the others and their perspectives, even if you don't like it.
8. You consider all other team members higher than yourself, and you refuse top honors.
9. You are patient with the team as you all work through differences to find the unity.
10. You cannot be offended by the team, even if they speak harsh words or rub you the wrong way.

These are just a few of the qualities needed in team players that disqualify most Americans from ever fulfilling the plan of God in the earth. Pride, arrogance, individualism, trained in a solo society, and personal "selfish" aspirations are enemies of God's team, the five fold New Testament plan of God in the earth. God help us.

Proverbs 15:22 (NIV) Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

The plan of God (His dream) will require a team to accomplish it. There is no way around this. And there is no way to cloak yourself in false humility to try to get the prize. The team will go through the fire and the test. And when the team emerges triumphant, the team will fulfill the dream of God with glorious and resounding victory!

Success is waiting on the assembly of a team, and the dying to individualism and solo living. Come to the cross of Christ and die to your old way of living, your old education and your pride so that you qualify to join God's team!

king king king

Tomorrow's Reading:
16-Aug Job 37-38, 1 Thess. 1-2, Psalms 86-90, Proverbs 16

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top