Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

08/12 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

08/12 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:33 am

12-Aug Job 29-30, Philippians 1-2, Psalms 66-70, Proverbs 12

Job 29:1-17 (NIV) 1  Job continued his discourse: 2  "How I long for the months gone by, for the days when God watched over me, 3  when his lamp shone upon my head and by his light I walked through darkness! 4  Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, 5  when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me, 6  when my path was drenched with cream and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil. 7  "When I went to the gate of the city and took my seat in the public square, 8  the young men saw me and stepped aside and the old men rose to their feet; 9  the chief men refrained from speaking and covered their mouths with their hands; 10  the voices of the nobles were hushed, and their tongues stuck to the roof of their mouths. 11  Whoever heard me spoke well of me, and those who saw me commended me, 12  because I rescued the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist him. 13  The man who was dying blessed me; I made the widow's heart sing. 14  I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban. 15  I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame. 16  I was a father to the needy; I took up the case of the stranger. 17  I broke the fangs of the wicked and snatched the victims from their teeth.

Look at Job's cry. He knew what it was to be exalted and honored. He longed for those old days again, when people honored, listened to him, and took his instruction. He attributed all of the honor to the fact that he gave abundantly to the poor. Verse 12 - 17 make it clear how Job lived his life before God and men.

I want to tell you a story about a great man that I had the privilege of meeting and eating lunch with years ago while in the Philippines.  This man had filled Carnege Hall to overflowing with the first gospel healing crusade. He had traveled the world and seen every miracle known to man.  I wanted to know the secret to his success.  So I asked him the secret during our lunch together. He would answer in a way that would change my life forever.

He told me, "There is only one reason that I'm successful and am able to travel the world and bring salvation and healing to the people.  I'm not a very bright fellow.  I get the Bible stories mixed up sometimes when i am preaching.  I'm not a doctor of ministry like you.  I am a selfish person, and I'm not very easy to get along with.  If you and I were to work together for very long, I would probably hurt you with my words and actions.  I have alot of weaknesses and sins in my life.  BUT, I have one thing in my favor.  I feed God's widows and orphans. And because I take care of His most needy ones, He allows me to live my dream of preaching the gospel around the world and bringing healing to the masses."

When I asked him the secret, I expected to get a formula such as, "Do this and this and this, and you will also be successful."  But his formula was, "Feed widows and orphans and you will be successful."  After a short period of time, I adopted this as my way of life.  I gave myself to this same attitude, and began my journey of feeding widows and orphans wherever I could find them.  I had already been doing a little bit of this through our ministry, but I began to focus on it, to build it, and to pay close attention to it as I went forward.

Today, my focus is even stronger than ever before. One of my primary goals in life is to feed widows and orphans in distress. My family has come along beside me and we actually live in Central America as a result of this focus.  We are continually building ways and avenues to feed widows and orphans, and to be more productive than before.

Two decades after my meeting with this man, Rev. Don Stewart:

He was the spiritual son of the great A.A. Allen:
)

I can pretty much say the exact same thing as he said to me.  Quote from Dr. Daniel Daves:  "There is only one reason for any success that I've ever found in my life.  I'm not a very bright fellow.   I find that I am a pretty selfish person, and I'm not very easy to get along with.  If you and I were to work together for very long, I would probably hurt you with my words and actions.  I have alot of weaknesses and sins in my life.  BUT, I have one thing in my favor.  I feed God's widows and orphans. And because I take care of His most needy ones, He allows me to live my dream of preaching the gospel around the world and creating successful people wherever I go."

I want to challenge you today to take up Job's lifestyle.  Take the challenge that God is offering you today. Some how and some way to begin to take care of others less fortunate than you.  Find a way and create an avenue that you can deliver goods, care, and support to those who most desperately need it.  Come close to the heart of God by committing yourself to the two most important groups of people on the planet. These are the two whom God has made a personal promise and guarantee to:

Psalm 68:5 (NIV) 5  A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God promises to care for the fatherless and the widow.  He is a father to anyone who has no father.  He is a husband to those who have lost their husband.  And if you and I will become a conduit and a supply line to these people, God will fill your barns full and will give you capacity that you never imagined possible.  He will make your dreams come true as you make His dream come true - helping, giving, feeding, clothing and making away for others where there seems to be no way.  

This is one of the most dear messages to my heart, and I pray that I have conveyed it to you properly.  This is one of the greatest secrets that I have found in life, living for God, and serving Him on planet earth.  This is the golden key that makes everything in your life work.  It's the reason that Job could say:

Job 29:4,5  Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, 5  when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me, 6  when my path was drenched with cream and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil.

I can promise you that if you follow this course I have stated, that you will fulfill the great commission of God, and you will find your dreams interwoven in the middle of serving His widows and orphans! Your dreams will come true, because God Himself will make them come true.  God takes care of His own, and He shines His light of supply and protection upon those who care for His widows and orphans (wife and children).

James 1:27 (KJV) 27  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

king  king  king

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top