Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

05/30 Reading - Thoughts & Comments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

05/30 Reading - Thoughts & Comments

Post by Admin on Fri May 30, 2014 6:39 am

30-May 1 Kings 19-20, Mark 1-2, Psalms 146-150, Proverbs 30

1 Kings 19:3-8 (NIV) 3  Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, 4  while he himself went a day's journey into the desert. He came to a broom tree, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, LORD," he said. "Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors." 5  Then he lay down under the tree and fell asleep. All at once an angel touched him and said, "Get up and eat." 6  He looked around, and there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again. 7  The angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said, "Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you." 8  So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God.

After killing the 450 prophets of Baal, Elijah ran for his life because Jezebel was coming to kill him.  He went a day's journey into the desert and was more than likely exhausted.  He just wanted to die, and fell asleep.  But an angel came to him 2 times and brought food and water for his upcoming journey.  Upcoming journey?  Yes, a 40 day walk through the desert lands to go talk to God on Mt. Horeb.

Can you imagine what must have been in that food and water, that would strengthen a man to walk 40 days and nights through desert lands and then head up a mountain to go talk with God?  Elijah was going to receive nation changing instructions from God on that mountain.  The desert between israel and that mountain was a natural barrier that would stop any natural man from trying to cross.  But God always has a hidden way.  He has a path, and a provision to supernaturally transport His people through to the other side.  The food that the angel brought Elijah would fuel him for a 40 day hike!

This is not an uncommon occurrence for Elijah.  At the widow woman's house the oil and flour never ran out as the containers just refilled themselves after she would use them.  Elijah outran Ahabs chariots down the mountain before the floodwaters came to the land.  And now Elijah is doing desert walks on only 2 angelic meals.

There is a dimension that you and I can tap into, where the food and water given in that dimension will supercharge you for supernatural tasks.  Many times we don't really need this type of food because we're not standing in Elijah's shoes, being chased by all of Jezebel's army.  And we don't normally wake up and need to take a 40 day walk through the desert to get to God.  However, God wants to bring us into an understanding of His supernatural realm which will feed us for the journey.  His food will energize us to do the miraculous for His kingdom.

John 4:32-34 (NIV) 32  But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about." 33  Then his disciples said to each other, "Could someone have brought him food?" 34  "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

There is a hidden food that we must eat which comes along with doing the will of God.  When we're in the middle of His will, though we may be in a desert land, the act of doing that will shall feed us supernaturally during the journey.

When God calls us to miraculous tasks which cannot be done on our own, obedience to His will shall feed us and give us supernatural strength in our bodies, supernatural wisdom in our minds and hearts, and supernatural supply and provision for the task at hand.  God's will has built within it, a complete package of supply, instruction, and supernatural strength which no natural man can follow in!  Not even our enemies can follow in your footsteps, as your calling is their barrier.  Elijah's travels were sure death to Jezebel's army, so they turned back and did NOT attempt a 40 day journey through that desert land.

COMPASS GUIDE will help you to find and secure the will of God so that you can walk in the supernatural and eat His food for the journey.  Get your Compass Guide 300 page life planner today at www.doctordanieldaves.com .

Tomorrow's Reading:
31-May 1 Kings 21-22, Mark 3-4, Psalms 1-5, Proverbs 31

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top