Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

05/15 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

05/15 Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Sun May 04, 2014 7:33 am

15-May 2 Sam. 13-14, Rev. 21-22, Psalms 71-75, Proverbs 15

2 Samuel 13:20-22 (NIV) 20  Her brother Absalom said to her, "Has that Amnon, your brother, been with you? Be quiet now, my sister; he is your brother. Don't take this thing to heart." And Tamar lived in her brother Absalom's house, a desolate woman. 21  When King David heard all this, he was furious. 22  Absalom never said a word to Amnon, either good or bad; he hated Amnon because he had disgraced his sister Tamar.

David's house has more trouble and calamity in it, just as God had promised. This is all part of the reaping of the Bathsheba event.  David's son Anmon rapes his sister Tamar because he thought he loved her.  Then he burns with hatred because she is no longer a virgin, and he sends her away as a disgraced woman.  This guy is filled with corruption.  And David's other son Absalom starts inviting hatred into his heart against Amnon and within 2 years will kill Anmon and cause a huge stir in the kings house and throughout the land. Hatred, violence, and sexual sin/disgrace all come through David's family as part of his curse. Why?  Because David took another mans' wife, got her pregnant, then tried to cover it up, and ended up murdering the husband to cover the sin. He married Bathsheba and brought her into his home to cover, cover, cover.  God dealt with him harshly for his grave error - and years later this sin is visiting his sons and daughters.

This story is filled with conspiracy as different family members are helping one another to pull off secret sins.  And throughout today's reading we see people secretly trying to manipulate, change directions, lie, cheat, steal, murder, and pull all kinds of political stunts.  It's amazing that King David has this all going on under His care among his children, while he is the "Shadow of Christ" sitting on a throne which will personify Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God.

Amazingly, these things still happen in the church, in godly families, and in politics today, thousands of years later.  Human nature continues to do the same things as David's household struggled with.  

I would expect that David or his servants gave the children educational lessons on how the kingdom operated? If this were the case, then we would be dealing with unrestrained, rebellious behavior in the children which resulted in some pretty harsh problems for the family.  But it's possible that the children were never trained as kingdom sons and daughters, and they never knew how to serve God with their bodies, to say no to their desires and sexual drives?  We know that Tamar knew clearly what was going to happen if Amnon raped her. She knew the system of honor and begged for Amnon to stay within the realm of honor.  So someone had taught her, and more than likely Amnon also.

I would hope to never have these types of family problems under my authority.  And the ONLY WAY that I know to keep peace, flow, unity, and some sense of kingdom direction in my family - is to have everyone in the family read God's Word (the Bible) every day. And also to discuss this Word and impart principles, ethics, and kingdom laws into my children throughout the week in designated meetings.  We typically meet each morning before school, Monday - Friday for 30 minutes of instruction.

The Word of God MUST be actively discussed, read, and implemented in our lives if we are going to survive and thrive in God's Kingdom.  I just can't imagine my children hating one another, wanting to kill one another, and making plans to rape, pillage, or steal from one another.  I can't imagine finding that my children are conspiring against me to get me to change my mind or rule in their favor through mass manipulation.

Imagine for a moment if a man has multiple wives.  His sons and daughters come from many different blood lines whom they have no "blood" relation to, other than their father.  Amnon comes from one mother.  Absalom comes from another, and many sons come from different mothers.  There is no bond, no sense of true family, and no real MOTHER for them all to rally around.  Only the king gives them a sense of family, and only half of their bloodline comes from the king.  This clearly wreaked havoc in their hearts and lives.

I know of a king in this world today who has multiple wives and multiple children.  There is no way for the families to stay together in the same home because of inward fighting, jealousy, and anger.  The wives of the king fight among themselves and therefore he has built each of them a home of their own.  The sense of family is completely stripped from their lives, and that problem actually filters downward through the entire nation.

FAMILY.  One man, one woman, and children under both of their care.  This is the kingdom of God.  If two are agreed....  Let the two become one flesh....   Two can put ten thousand to flight.....  When the husband and one wife come together, they form the true sense of a kingdom family which the children can safely live and grow under.  There is no strife, no inward fighting, no jealousy, and no fighting for the husband's love.  The organic FAMILY walks in it's anointing and is qualified for ALL the blessings of God.

Make sure that you are putting your family together correctly under the will and structure that God instructed.  Honoring God's structure will save you from the curse of David's family, and allow you to build in peace and safety!

Tomorrow's Reading:
16-May 2 Sam. 15-16, Matthew 1-2, Psalms 76-80, Proverbs 16

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top