Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

05/13 Reading - Thoughts & Comments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

05/13 Reading - Thoughts & Comments

Post by Admin on Thu May 01, 2014 8:07 am

13-May 2 Sam. 9-10, Rev. 17-18, Psalms 61-65, Proverbs 13

THE POWER OF TRUE COVENANT!
2 Samuel 9:3-11 (NIV)  The king asked, "Is there no one still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show God's kindness?" Ziba answered the king, "There is still a son of Jonathan; he is crippled in both feet." 4  "Where is he?" the king asked. Ziba answered, "He is at the house of Makir son of Ammiel in Lo Debar." 5  So King David had him brought from Lo Debar, from the house of Makir son of Ammiel. 6  When Mephibosheth son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, came to David, he bowed down to pay him honor. David said, "Mephibosheth!" "Your servant," he replied. 7  "Don't be afraid," David said to him, "for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table." 8  Mephibosheth bowed down and said, "What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me?" 9  Then the king summoned Ziba, Saul's servant, and said to him, "I have given your master's grandson everything that belonged to Saul and his family. 10  You and your sons and your servants are to farm the land for him and bring in the crops, so that your master's grandson may be provided for. And Mephibosheth, grandson of your master, will always eat at my table." (Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.) 11  Then Ziba said to the king, "Your servant will do whatever my lord the king commands his servant to do." So Mephibosheth ate at David's table like one of the king's sons.

I was told by a mentor years ago, "If you ever find five friends (pointing to the fingers on his hand) that are true, loyal, and long term in your life time, you will be a very blessed man."  In other words, he was saying that true covenant friendship is very rare in our lifetime.  Twenty five years later, I know this to be true.  We are literally living in a time of brother against brother, family against family, church against church, leader against leader.  This is not right, nor does it have ANYTHING to do with the Kingdom of God.

We must have covenant brotherhood as a key component to our lives, families, and relationships during these dark times of "sellout friendships".  God is a covenant God, and His mercy endures forever as a part of His covenant commitment to us! The bow in the sky is His covenant that He will not flood the earth again. The blood of His Son Jesus is a covenant signed in blood of His forgiveness of sins to anyone who humbly asks and receives His new life.  Covenant is everywhere in God's Kingdom.  Therefore we must honor God and demand that covenant is a part of our lives as well.

King David had warred against Saul's household as they tried to keep the throne, yet David had clearly been established as the King over the land.  After the transfer was complete and warfare ceased, King David remembered his covenant with his dear friend Jonathan, who helped David repeatedly when his father Saul was trying to kill David.  Jonathan died on the battlefield with his father, and David still honored his covenant with Jonathan after he was dead. Even death didn't nullify his covenant.  So David started looking for someone who was left of Saul's household.  He found Jonathan's son, a crippled boy who would, in today's terms, be a total outcast of society.  David blessed him, restored his ancestry lands to him, and gave him a seat "as family" at the kings table.  He went from being a lowly dog in the community, to having one of the highest places of honor in the kingdom.  This is the covenant of God!

This revelation needs to set in with us during this day. Though we are lowly dogs and sinners, God graciously forgave our sin, looked past the death of His Son, and said, "Is there not anyone in the kingdom that I can show kindness to?"  We are that crippled child Mephibosheth, and we have had the kingdom restored to us. We also have a place at the kings table.  This is not because of our great capacity or exploits. It's not because of the great person that we are.  It's because God remembers His covenant made with His Son, sealed in His Son's blood.  Have no fear, you are accepted and embraced because covenant goes beyond the death of Jesus!

As we adopt, embrace, and begin to understand God's kindness, we each need to set out to spread the true covenant of God in the earth.  Remember the five fingers I mentioned earlier? You and I MUST press in to become one of those five fingers on the hand of our brothers, sisters, friends, business partners, and covenant associates.  They have fought through discouragement of lost relationships, being cut off, used, abused, and discarded.  They need to be blessed.  And if there's not five fingers on their hand at the end of their lives, there needs to be at least ONE FINGER on their hand that represents covenant - and that finger needs to be YOU!  This will require a commitment, but when you commit to God's Kingdom Covenant Lifestyle, you receive a supernatural abundance and bounty to share with your covenant brothers and sisters.  You will walk in kingdom fullness!

COMPASS GUIDE requires covenant living, first between God and I, and then from I to my friends, associates and partners.  When covenant is the main thrust of the life of a follower of Christ, a divine connection from Heaven to earth takes hold and the realm of the miraculous comes into every area of your life, physical, mental, spiritual, educational, social, vocational, marital/family, and financial.  Welcome to the kingdom of covenant!

Tomorrow's Reading:
14-May 2 Sam. 11-12, Rev. 19-20, Psalms 66-70, Proverbs 14

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top