Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

07/21 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

07/21 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:36 am

21-Jul Neh. 7-8, Romans 15-16, Psalms 106-110, Proverbs 21 
Neh 7:1-3 (NIV) 1 After the wall had been rebuilt and I had set the doors in place, the gatekeepers and the singers and the Levites were appointed. 2 I put in charge of Jerusalem my brother Hanani, along with Hananiah the commander of the citadel, because he was a man of integrity and feared God more than most men do. 3 I said to them, "The gates of Jerusalem are not to be opened until the sun is hot. While the gatekeepers are still on duty, have them shut the doors and bar them. Also appoint residents of Jerusalem as guards, some at their posts and some near their own houses."
We have been discussing the power of FILTER and FOCUS.  One of the most powerful points of FILTER is with our relationships.  To filter out all non profitable relationships is a task that every man and woman of God must take on whole heartedly.  Without FILTERING our relationships, we will never be able to FOCUS on what God wants us to accomplish during this short time on earth.
One of the best ways I've found to FILTER relationships is to get around people who love Jesus more than you do.  I made this a prerequisite when I was searching for a wife.  I concluded that she MUST love Jesus more than I do, and that this love would be displayed clearly in her life.  I got what I required!  And I hung around places where her kind hang out!
If you are going to join in a business venture, join a church, go to college, school, or whatever you're going to do with your life, you must master the art of FILTER!
There are people who will suck the life out of you, and who will use their leadership capacities to lead you down the wrong path.  They will use intimidation, peer pressure, control, and manipulation to get you to walk with them down the paths of darkness.  Do you really want that?  Are you really that hungry for a friend that you'll take just any old friend?  If you choose your friends like this, then you will chose your business partners, husband(s), wives, and everyone else that comes your way.  No - we must filter so that we may focus.  
There are people who IN-SPIRE rather than EX-PIRE.  There are people who EN-COURAGE rather than DIS-COURAGE.  People either IM-PART or DE-PART.  They're either givers or suckers.  And a person can only handle so many suckers, parasites, and eaters in their life.
God is clear concerning filtering your relationships, and this is a very serious matter!  You simply CANNOT be successful, fulfilled, focused, or powerful in life with the suckers all around you.
2 Cor 6:14-18 (NIV) 14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." 17 "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." 18 "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 
It's not going to be easy to make the hard choices, but it will be worth it.  This is true for you and for them.  Never fear, these people who are hindering you will live their lives just fine without you.  God loves them and He will take care of them.  However, they may be in the 90% club of people who will never fulfill God's dream in their lives.  But you must honor and love God's dream in your life above all things, friends, family, co-workers, student acquaintances, etc.  
Take a moment today and analyze how much time you're spending with the wrong people, and how you could re-allocate that time with the right people.  If you start hanging out with those that are walking the dream that God wants for you, your other "sucker" friends and family members will fall off and go away to another parasitic host.  I'm sorry for talking this way, but time is short and we need to know the brutal truth.  The 10% club dream keepers have little time to waste on dream thieves, time bandits, and parasitic suckers.
COMPASS GUIDE will help you filter out ALL non profitable things from your life, so that you may FOCUS like a laser beam!  When you begin to focus, God will put you in charge of His house just like Nehemiah did.  He appointed certain people because they feared God more than most, and they were focused!  Kings are masters of FILTER and FOCUS!  king king king 

Tomorrow's Reading:
22-Jul Neh. 9-10, 1 Cor. 1-2, Psalms 111-115, Proverbs 22 

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 07/21 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:07 am

2015 notes: Nehemiah 8:1 (KJV) 1 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel.

How do a people gather themselves together as ONE MAN? This sounds like a people in a unified oneness of heart, mind and will. They were in one accord because they needed to hear the instruction of the Lord. Indeed, the law of God was read to all of them, and they began to weep upon hearing the Word of God. Can you imagine this? When was the last time you saw a people come together to hear God's Word, and then they wept when they heard the words, read by the priests. This was a serious and holy time when the people were responding to God's words, and unifying with Him.

The people worshipped, bowed down to the ground, and they gave God their full attention. They were one. They were united in purpose. They had gathered from many nations and were given a new priority in life as they would start building their lives inside the walls that Nehemiah had built for them. This was a new day and a new chapter in history that God was writing. He was using these people, and they were united.

Nehemiah 8:9-10 (KJV) 9 And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law. 10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

The people were called to rejoice and not weep. To enjoy the blessing of the Lord, and to prepare portions for those whom nothing is prepared. Feed others. Help others who were not called to this holy event that God chose. The joy of the Lord is your strength. Be glad.

God is writing a new chapter in your life today, if you can receive it. Rejoice over this new chapter and enjoy it. Make others a part of this new day. Prepare portions for them. Join together as one man with those who are called to this chapter with you, and receive instruction from the Word of God as you write this new chapter with the Lord! What a powerful day we live in... and to be part of His dream!

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top