Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

07/01 Compass Guide Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

07/01 Compass Guide Thoughts & Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:40 am

1-Jul 2 Chron. 11-12, Acts 3-4, Psalms 6-10, Proverbs 1

2 Chron 12:5-10 (NIV) 5 Then the prophet Shemaiah came to Rehoboam and to the leaders of Judah who had assembled in Jerusalem for fear of Shishak, and he said to them, "This is what the Lord says, 'You have abandoned me; therefore, I now abandon you to Shishak.'"  6 The leaders of Israel and the king humbled themselves and said, "The Lord is just."  7 When the Lord saw that they humbled themselves, this word of the Lord came to Shemaiah: "Since they have humbled themselves, I will not destroy them but will soon give them deliverance. My wrath will not be poured out on Jerusalem through Shishak. 8 They will, however, become subject to him, so that they may learn the difference between serving me and serving the kings of other lands."  9 When Shishak king of Egypt attacked Jerusalem, he carried off the treasures of the temple of the Lord and the treasures of the royal palace. He took everything, including the gold shields Solomon had made. 10 So King Rehoboam made bronze shields to replace them and assigned these to the commanders of the guard on duty at the entrance to the royal palace.

King Rehoboam and his people left the Lord and were unfaithful to Him.  God turned them over to other kings to destroy them.  But the POWER OF HUMILITY worked in their favor and God spared them because he saw a humble spirit in them after He spoke to them.  This was honorable as most people hate God's prophets when they come with a word of correction.  But God would not totally relieve them of judgment and He sent an enemy king to strip them of their wealth, all the gold in the temple, and even King Solomon's golden shields.

King Rehoboam was only able to replace the gold shields with bronze because of their new found poverty.  In the same way, when we leave the Lord to pursue other gods or our own ideas of life, we open ourselves to enemy attack.  One of the things that God does is to strip us of our wealth in order to persuade us that it's better to serve Him than foreign, ruthless gods of other peoples and kings.

COMPASS GUIDE will keep you on track with daily scripture reading.  When you read the Word of God daily, it wil cleanse you, guide you, and speak to you.  The Word is sharper than any two edged sword, and it will divide from you all the things that must go.  It will align you with God's Holy Spirit and keep you on the path less traveled!

Make a commitment to God today, to read His Word every day of your life.  Compass Guide can help as we have a daily program that will allow you to read the entire Bible through in a year, and you will read Psalms and Proverbs through 12 times per year.  

I issue a personal challenge to you today.  Read God's Word the first thing every day for 30 days.  Things will get so good for you, breakthroughs will come, and supernatural doors will open for you to the degree that you will ABSOLUTELY KNOW that God is honoring your reading of His Word!  You will not be disappointed or ashamed!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Tomorrow's Reading:
2-Jul 2 Chron. 13-14, Acts 5-6, Psalms 11-15, Proverbs 2

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top