Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

06/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

06/26 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 am

26-Jun 2 Chronicles 1-2, John 15-16, Psalms 131-135, Proverbs 26

2 Chron 1:7-12 (NIV) 7 That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you." 8 Solomon answered God, "You have shown great kindness to David my father and have made me king in his place. 9 Now, Lord God, let your promise to my father David be confirmed, for you have made me king over a people who are as numerous as the dust of the earth. 10 Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?" 11 God said to Solomon, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, 12 therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have."

We've all heard the story of the genie in the bottle coming out and giving three requests of anything you could ever want.  That's a fun thought, but this actually happened between God and Solomon.  God came to Solomon as he was offering a sacrifice to the Lord, so it wasn't just a freak occurrence on some guy who wasn't trying to obey God.  When God asked him for ONE THING that he wanted, Solomon proved that he had been trained correctly by his father.  He took his leadership and the nation of Israel ver seriously.  He asked for the tools he needed to lead the great nation of Israel correctly. Because he asked for wisdom, God gave him both wisdom and riches.  Solomon ended up being the wisest and richest king in all of human history.  I believe that it was because of his training by David (the type and shadow of Jesus) and because he answered God correctly when asked about his desires, needs, and wants.

Psalms 37:4-6 (NIV)4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: 6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Solomon clearly delighted himself in the Lord.  He lived to bring delight to the Lord, and he did all to follow God's building plans to the best of his ability.  He was committed to building God's dream, not his own.  Therefore, when God asked him about his one wish, he answered according to God's dream.
If God asked you of one thing your heart desires most, what would the answer be?  Is your desire wrapped around the building of God's dream?  If God started giving the money, relationships, tools, and wisdom needed to build His dream, would you run off with the supplies and build your own dream?  The question that God asked Solomon was a test to see if Solomon could handle the massive amounts of wealth and authority that God was willing to dump on him for the building of the kingdom.  I believe that God also tests each of us to see if we are ready for the building of God's kingdom.
I just learned of a story in Costa Rica of an UNFAITHFUL servant.  He was charming, kind, and good at what he does.  He agreed to build a house and storage business for an 80 year old lady. She would pay him well, give him a place to live, and would pay for all of the supplies, the land, etc.  As he was completing this wonderful piece of property, he decided to hijack the building plan and bring it in to his own dream.  He got a mortgage loan on the property at a bank with 18% interest, and he talked the lady into signing the document which she didn't understand. She didn't speak or read Spanish.  The property would be collateral for the loan which she didn't know she was getting.  The man took the money into his own account, and in time, the bank demanded the first payment from the lady which was more than she could pay.  As she was about to lose the entire "paid for" project through foreclosure, the man would sweep in, bring the money originally loaned, and pay off the mortgage with a little interest, and the property would be deeded to him.  WOW!  The lady is "fire selling" the property to try to pay off the loan before the bank seizes it and the man gets it.  What a shame!
This story is the personification of someone starting to build for God, but who can't finish the project for God as a faithful servant.  The money, power, authority, and opportunities that come as a result of building God's kingdom could be hijacked and dragged into the servant's own purposes.  God understands this.  This is why God comes to us in various ways and asks, "If I gave you whatever you wanted, what would that be?"  He knows that we will answer according to the kingdom that we're building.  If I am building God's kingdom, I will answer like Solomon, "Help! I need your wisdom to build properly for you!".  If I have self interest driving my life, I will answer incorrectly with something stupid like, "I want a mansion on a hill" or "I want $10 Million".  These answers have nothing to do with building God's kingdom, but they have everything to do with building ours.  Therefore, if God were to give me $10 Million, He knows where it would go.  He knows that I would consider it a gift from Him, and I would then mis-spend it and go on my own way building my own $10 Million kingdom.
Ask yourself today, "What is the one thing I would ask for if God offered me anything I wanted?"  Consider this answer carefully.  It will be the KEY to success or failure, to a bright or dark future.  Make sure your answer is the answer of a wise king. king king king 
Tomorrow's Reading:
27-Jun 2 Chronicles 3-4, John 17-18, Psalms 136-140, Proverbs 27 

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top