Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

06/14 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

06/14 Compass Guide Comments By Dr. Daniel Daves

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:15 am

14-Jun 1 Chronicles 3-4, Luke 15-16, Psalms 71-75, Proverbs 14

1 Chron 4:9-10 (NIV) 9 Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." 10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
You may have heard of the mini book called, "The Prayer Of Jabez".  Today we come across the scripture that inspired the book.  Jabez was born during a time of intense pain in the world.  We live in a time such as this, where many people of many nations are in pain of war and poverty.  And they live in fear of an unsure future.  Jabez was named after the thought of pain.

During this time of pain, Jabez offered a true and sincere prayer to God which has a central theme of love, compassion and true servanthood.  This is a prayer that should come from our lives as well.  We can all learn a great lesson from Jabez.

Lord, please bless me and enlarge my territory, put your hand on me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.  Let me not bring pain to anyone, but to be a blessing to them.  Expand and enlarge my territory on the earth so that can help to ease other's pain and bring them relief, shelter, and healing.  If your hand is upon me Lord, I will be a blessing to others.  If I can just be a blessing, a shelter, a help, and a healer, I know that I will also live in blessing and my pain will be relieved!

A prayer such as this will be granted by God.  When you ask to be expanded in order to be a blessing and to relieve others pain, you are praying God's heart. The secret of God's Kingdom is that what you do for others will be done for you.  It's the law of sowing and reaping.  If you want a pain free life, help to ease others pain.  If you want to be blessed, then bless others.  If you want your territory to be expanded, then you must expand others territories.  This is a law that works.  God will grant the request of anyone who dares to enter into and live by this law.

COMPASS GUIDE pushes hard for students to NEVER forget these principles, but to always bless others and consider themselves higher on our trek towards "the dream".  To get to a dream in selfishness will be boring and unfulfilling.  But to arrive at your dream because you helped others to get their dream - will be ultimate fulfillment and joy!

What can you do this year to help others to reach their dream, or to help ease their pain, or to help enlarge their territory?  Get the focus off of you, and onto them.  In the business world, this is called customer service.  In the ministry world it's called outreach.  In the mercy world, it's called feeding the hungry and visiting the prisoner.  What is it called in your world?  sunnysunnysunny

Tomorrow's Reading:
15-Jun 1 Chronicles 5-6, Luke 17-18, Psalms 76-80, Proverbs 15 

www.doctordanieldaves.com
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top