Compass Guide Members Forum
Welcome to the Compass Guide Members Forum. Sign up or log in to experience the , maximum benefit to this forum. God bless you!
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Compass Guide Members Forum on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics

02/26 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

02/26 Reading - Thoughts & Comments DX3

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am

26-Feb Numbers 1-2 Acts 23-24 Psalms 131-135 Proverbs 26

Num 1:45-51 (NIV)45 All the Israelites twenty years old or more who were able to serve in Israel's army were counted according to their families. 46 The total number was 603,550.  47 The families of the tribe of Levi, however, were not counted along with the others. 48 The Lord had said to Moses: 49 "You must not count the tribe of Levi or include them in the census of the other Israelites. 50 Instead, appoint the Levites to be in charge of the tabernacle of the Testimony--over all its furnishings and everything belonging to it. They are to carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings; they are to take care of it and encamp around it. 51 Whenever the tabernacle is to move, the Levites are to take it down, and whenever the tabernacle is to be set up, the Levites shall do it. Anyone else who goes near it shall be put to death.

God commanded Moses to take a census and number the fighting men of Israel.  They totalled 603,550.  This census was a public call to these young men and their families, that they had been numbered, and that they may be called upon to go to war.  This CALLING brings a new, heightened sense of responsibility and thought into a person when they are CALLED.

I remember when I was 18 years old in a sleepy little town where I grew up in Kansas.  I was required to go down to the post office and fill out a registration card that put my name on the list for a possible US military draft.  I remember the heightened responsibility I felt when filling out that little card and handing it in to the post master.  I remember my thoughts, thinking that it would be scary to receive that letter in the mail from the government, with my marching orders if a draft was ever called.  That census card added a new sense of call, fear, duty, and adulthood.  Thankfully, I was never called to arms by a draft because our country had gone to war.

God was preparing this Israelite camp for potential war.  That war would be with the giants of Caanan.  God was putting out the CALL to all of the young men and their momma's.  Get ready. Prepare.  Understand that the call could come at any moment.  PREPARE YOURSELF FOR WAR!

Interestingly, God commanded this for eleven tribes, but not for the Levitical priesthood tribe.  They were to care for the tabernacle and focus solely on the care and worship in the house of God.  They were not to be counted in the census.  This makes us understand that in Heaven, there is no war, but life, peace, tranquility, worship, love, and eternal destiny.  We would do well to model our homes the same way that God has modeled His.

When I think of the Kingdom of God and His movements around the world, I think of the New Testament church and the ministers there.  I remember twenty years of pastoring in a local church.  All of my thoughts, prayers, and efforts were set on the house of God, the Sunday service and meeting the spiritual needs of the people who attended.  It was my life and I put everything into it that I could possibly muster.  Sunday services were a culmination of our time, energy, creativity, and worship during a short BURST PERIOD that we met together and worshipped the Lord.  It was powerful, annointed, and we were blessed.  This is the life of the Levite who is called to care for the house of God and the spiritual aspects of the people.

But there is more.   Life consists of seven days per week, and life moves in many dimensions including family, education, business, work/job, entertainment, and more.  When I was a pastor full time, I used to pray that God would send such a revival that we would have nightly meetings at the local superbowl arena and everyone in the city would come night after night after night after... well, forever.  And the new church model would be people coming to the arena by the tens of thousands to experience the power of God, His healing, deliverance, and salvation.  Yet, I also wondered how the whole world would function if we took them away from their families, jobs, businesses, education, and the true aspects of daily living so they could come to a perpetual, never ending church service where they would sit, listen, lift their hands, sing, sit, and then listen again.

This passage of scripture (above) shows the reality of God's kingdom.  There is a place for everything under the sun.  There is a place for spiritual worship, but there is also a true and living place for business, education, family, and more.  

COMPASS GUIDE tells us that we have eight different territories of our lives that must be adequately managed, if we are going to live a true life of fulfillment and purpose on earth.  They are PHYSICAL, MENTAL, SPIRITUAL, EDUCATIONAL, SOCIAL, VOCATIONAL, MARITAL/FAMILY, and FINANCIAL.  Each of these areas require respect, time to develop, a real place in a person's life, and they have the right to kingdom growth and priority in a person's life.  I have to be honest with you.  As a pastor for twenty years, I used to believe that everyone should submit themselves fully to the SPIRITUAL and let the other areas drop off.  God would somehow make up for them in the long run because people were submitting to the SPIRITUAL, to HIM, and to HEAVEN.  I was wrong.

While church is very important in our lives, it's only a part of overall make up of God's kingdom influence upon a man.   The fact is that God has given us a garden to tend.  That garden has eight different sections that I have identified, and each section has rows.  We must manage, oversee, water, plant, harvest, protect our garden fully.  This means that I must take time and effort with each territory to make sure that it's functioning as God would want it to function.  I must inject the yeast of the kingdom of God into each area and make it grow.

I personally believe that the next great move of God in the world will be in business, education, politics, marriages, and in the outer realm that the "spiritual church" has not recognized in the past.  The kingdom of God is invading these realms and as grown adult sons and daughters of God in the kingdom, He is putting out the CALLING.  We are now filling out the CENSUS card, and being brought to a full realization that God has called us UP to prepare for war.  This new calling from the kingdom is one of calling, duty, fear, and adulthood.  You have been brought to notice by God's kingdom.  PREPARE FOR WAR!

This war that we are preparing for is the war of insertion!

Matt 13:33 (NIV)33 He told them still another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough."

We are being inserted by God into all the nations of the world, into all businesses and jobs, politics, the educational system, into communities, organizations, arts and entertainment, media and news, into technology, the military, and every other viable area where human beings assemble.  WE ARE THE YEAST and the world is the lump of dough.  We are being called to bring the kingdom of God into the whole lump!

The way that we can begin to prepare for the WAR OF INSERTION is to get your COMPASS GUIDE program in order in your own life.  Identify your eight territories of life, develop kingdom goals for those eight areas, have dominion over them, and submit them to the fire of God's Word as you read it daily and pray to Him.

PREPARE FOR THE WAR OF INSERTION!   king sunny  king

Tomorrow's Reading:
27-Feb Numbers 3-4 Acts 25-26 Psalms 136-140 Proverbs 27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://compassguide.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top